Atomic A3 Manual – Wiring
- Mains power switch (illuminated when on)
- Fuse holder
- IEC (mains power) input
- Motion base DMX address
- ‘F’ (Function) button
- Indicator LEDS (top = controller status, bottom = power)
- DMX networking IO ports
- ‘R’ (Reset) button
- USB input
- Audio input (TTi units only)
- Audio output (TTi units only)
- Connect the supplied USB lead to the USB port ((9) USB Input), and the other end to any available USB 1.1 (or above) port on your computer.
- Connect the supplied IEC Mains lead to the Power port ((3) IEC Input), and the other end to any available mains socket. The acceptable input voltage range is universally compatible with all standard mains power supply systems ( 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz).
Amplifier Wiring (TTi Units Only)
If you have a TTi enabled unit, the following additional (unsupplied) cables are required:-
- 1 x 3.5mm male > 3.5mm male jack cable.
- 1 x 3.5mm male > 2 x Phono (L/R) audio jack cable (optional).
- Connect one end of the 3.5mm male > 3.5mm lead to the 'Speaker / Headphone Out' port on your PC (please refer to your PC's instruction manual if you require more information), and the other to the 'Audio IN' port ((10) Audio Input).
- Connect your headphones (active only, port is not sufficient for passive headphones) or PC speakers to the 'Audio OUT' port ((11) Audio Input). Alternatively, if using a hi-fi amplifier connect the 3.5mm > 2 x Phono cable between the 'Audio OUT' port ((11) Audio Output) and any available line input on your amplifier.
- WARNING: Output levels of audio devices can vary and the amplifier supplied has a large adjustment range to ensure lower level signals can be amplified to a useful level (although too low a signal will still produce a weak tactile transducer response.) As a result it is possible to over amplify a strong input signal. Over-amplification will cause damage to the TTi system and will be noticeable by audible knocks and clicks from the transducers. If you hear these, turn the gain down until they disappear to avoid damage.